Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Interesting article on XBox 360 and Proceedural Synthetis

This article at Ars Technica goes into some detail about the new XBox 360's proceedural synthesis scheme for scene generation. I found this article very interesting as it is taking approaches that I referred to in my previous post. The interpolation and synthesis of 3D models is an approach that may be used in a the computer visualization system such as I was talking about.

This sounds pretty cool; If it works like Ars is claiming then scene programming can be abstracted into semantic representations. It probably isn't as far along as what I was imagining, but it sounds very promising. For Microsoft to be using this approach, it is likely that their R&D labs are anticipating much more complex uses of this technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Dell Canada Coupons Discount